1 (edited by dubbsd 2015-02-01 16:52:52)

Topic: Glow in the dark filament question

I was told by that glow in the dark ABS filament is abrasive and will eat out an extruder Nozzle.
is it more abrasive than any other ABS or PLA.

Ultimaker S3.

Re: Glow in the dark filament question

Well all I( can say is it has strontium aluminate particles in it (or  zinc sulfide, if it's a cheaper one with less glow). There are different types of strontium aluminate powders with different particle sizes. The bigger, the brighter, but less easy to mix in paints, for example. I'm guessing in filaments smaller particles are used like in glowing paints.

Solidoodle 4

HMM i have not heard that but I guess a possibility. But how much of it do you plan to print.
I print maybe 8 hours in a wek. and so fare did an 1.5 hour print with glow in the dark material.
So unless you plan to print a lot of it probably not going to notice an y problem I expect the stainless steel powder  and magnetic fill materials could also wear out a nozzle but again how much of it will you print.
IMHO if you want to try a roll of glow in the dark , give it a go.
Tin

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

printed 2kgs of it including this entire sword without a noticeable difference in quality.

[img]i.imgur.com/L1sQoWe.png[/img]

I edit my posts a lot.