Topic: Can't figure it out, Press printing off center

So I've definitely gotten successful prints out of my press. But it goes through a bad phase where it no longer seems to know its position on the x.

It will auto level, seemingly correctly. Then, right as it gets ready to print, I can see the auto leveler get stuck on the left (as your facing the machine) glass holder and it then proceeds to starting printing on the left edge of the glass. As the print carriage keeps hitting the left glass holder, it makes awful grinding noises. I, of course, stop the print.

If I immediately print again, sometimes it will get stuck again, other times it will print on the center of the bed.

I can't figure out why it's only sometimes doing this.

Any ideas?

Re: Can't figure it out, Press printing off center

Watch your filament it may be preventing the limit switch lever from raising up on the left wedge.

Re: Can't figure it out, Press printing off center

nicho1as wrote:

So I've definitely gotten successful prints out of my press. But it goes through a bad phase where it no longer seems to know its position on the x.

It will auto level, seemingly correctly. Then, right as it gets ready to print, I can see the auto leveler get stuck on the left (as your facing the machine) glass holder and it then proceeds to starting printing on the left edge of the glass. As the print carriage keeps hitting the left glass holder, it makes awful grinding noises. I, of course, stop the print.

If I immediately print again, sometimes it will get stuck again, other times it will print on the center of the bed.

I can't figure out why it's only sometimes doing this.

Any ideas?

Manually make sure the probe is either up or down when it needs to be, as stupid as that sounds, that probe is a real pain.