Topic: changing stock settings in Slic3r in Soliprint?

I have basically found what seems to work well for my machine but it seems I have to input the correct values every time I load in a new file.  Is there a way to change the defaults to not have to make these changes constantly?

Yes, I would like to move to Repetier Host, but so far from what I have seen, there is not a general consensus of the right things to use to have it function properly.

Also, unrelated note, one of my standoffs on the bed, the front left corner, was not attached, but actually just off to the side.  This issue has been remedied, but I figure I should at least put it out there to see if I am alone smile

Re: changing stock settings in Slic3r in Soliprint?

Boy, I'd like to know this as well.

Anyone?

3 (edited by Skyblue 2015-01-27 12:36:52)

mobius1ace5 wrote:

I have basically found what seems to work well for my machine but it seems I have to input the correct values every time I load in a new file.  Is there a way to change the defaults to not have to make these changes constantly?

Yes, I would like to move to Repetier Host, but so far from what I have seen, there is not a general consensus of the right things to use to have it function properly.

Also, unrelated note, one of my standoffs on the bed, the front left corner, was not attached, but actually just off to the side.  This issue has been remedied, but I figure I should at least put it out there to see if I am alone smile

Go ahead and download the Press version of Repetier Host  85b from Solidoodle.  Slice3r settings for the Press are included with the download. While in Repetier, under Slice, go to configure to configure Slice3r.   In Repetier, make sure to select the Press as your printer...when you make changes in Slice3r, make sure you save them, then the settings will be the same each time you enter Repetier...if you create your own profile in Slic3r, give it another name, and save...select your profile from the drop down menu under Slice in Repetier to use it...By the way, I made changes to Slice3r in Soliprint, and they saved for me, In case you don't want to use Repetier, although there are limited options there.

Skyblue wrote:
mobius1ace5 wrote:

Go ahead and download the Press version of Repetier Host  85b from Solidoodle.  Slice3r settings for the Press are included with the download. While in Repetier, under Slice, go to configure to configure Slice3r.   In Repetier, make sure to select the Press as your printer...when you make changes in Slice3r, make sure you save them, then the settings will be the same each time you enter Repetier...if you create your own profile in Slic3r, give it another name, and save...select your profile from the drop down menu under Slice in Repetier to use it...By the way, I made changes to Slice3r in Soliprint, and they saved for me, In case you don't want to use Repetier, although there are limited options there.

I have been waiting for someone to have the better version of Repetier with proper settings before I try.  It seems the setting save with the model?  But any time I load in a new model or restart the program, my slic3r settings are stock again. I have been using Soliprint though.  I much prefer Repetier, but find the old version very lacking. It is obviously better than the Soliprint, but not as user friendly.  If I am going to take the time and really get a handle on Repetier, I would prefer to use one that the community agrees upon being a good version and such. (not sure if that makes sense or not though)