Topic: Extruder head transits to left side of bed and then moans

Well,

I've tried to print a new part.  I can't get it to z-axis calibrate so I thought I would just try a print.

The head transits about halfway to the front and then all the way over to the left side.  It then moans until the machine is switched off.

Is there a relatively easy fix for this?

Honestly, I'm pretty certain that I'm going to request an RMA.

If I wanted to do this much tinkering, I would have bought a kit and assembled it.  At least then I would have some feel for how to get it working.  With the non-existing documentation on the Press, I feel like I'm fumbling around in the dark.

You guys are a great resource, but we need more from Solidoodle.

cheers

chris

2 (edited by jagowilson 2015-01-24 22:34:41)

Re: Extruder head transits to left side of bed and then moans

Sounds like the endstop isn't working. Make sure it is plugged into the motherboard first. You'll find the switch on the right side of the x carriage. Since SD shipped these straight from the manufacturer with no QC an RMA will just give you another problem to deal with so you might as well keep what you have.

sounds like a homing issue  is does the machine home? are the settings correct.
Tin

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

I have no earthly idea what I did, but now it's working.

I utilized the homing function a couple of times, x and y and then z.  The first time required a switch off. After that it worked ?????

I just don't know about this.  I've got to go out of town next week and won't get to play with it until next weekend.

I will closely be watching my 30 day window. If it get's better, than I 'll keep it, if not.....

Appreciate the help

chris