1 (edited by zburhop 2015-01-23 20:33:47)

Topic: New temperatures

So im pretty sure the temp in my extruder is the reason for my constant jamming.  Im in rep host now.  Anyone lower the temp there?  I wonder why the doodle runs at 250c  I typically run my solidoodle 2 at 200c for abs.  Any thoughts?

Re: New temperatures

Press measures heater temperature.
SD2/3/4 measures nozzle temperature.

Nozzle temp != heater temp.

Nozzle temp != heater temp.  I don't quite follow.  Also on a side note do you work with E3d and filastruder?

4 (edited by cptskippy 2015-01-23 20:50:28)

zburhop wrote:

Nozzle temp != heater temp.  I don't quite follow.

The heater is the heating element that heats up the nozzle.  The heater itself will always be hotter than the nozzle.

It's like measure a stove coil temperature versus the temperature inside the pot sitting on the stove coil.  They're different.

zburhop wrote:

Nozzle temp != heater temp.  I don't quite follow.  Also on a side note do you work with E3d and filastruder?

He is Filastruder and Filastruder is a distributor of the E3d.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

Oh yeah? I rock a few e3ds I got from filastruder.

I understand.  But as far as I can see the thermistor is still in the heating block in a hole right next to the cartridge heater with a much much smaller nozzle.  It doesent seem like that would differ 50c between designs.  But aside from that has anyone tried lowering the temp?

zburhop wrote:

I understand.  But as far as I can see the thermistor is still in the heating block in a hole right next to the cartridge heater with a much much smaller nozzle.  It doesent seem like that would differ 50c between designs.  But aside from that has anyone tried lowering the temp?

I had all kinds of extrusion problems at first, had temps too high.  Filament was stringing, not sticking, and clogging.  I lowered my printing temp to 242, and bed to 85.  My prints are great now, it has a lot to do with it.

zburhop wrote:

The thermistors are different and so give different temps, I sometimes use a SD thermistor with my E3D and so I need to reset the firmware & run autotune, I find it particularly difficult  helping other members because to the temp differences. In any case my temps run between 230C to 238C for ABS using a E3D V6 . I got hung up with bed temps I started at 80C with great results, but now I'm running at 105C the only difference I see is it's been raining in my area almost every night so maybe moisture may be any issue.

SD4 with E3D V6.

Those who don't know ask, those who don't care comment,  those who comment without answers  hide ignorance for fear of asking. Be fearless!

Soliprint 1.1 sets ABS to run at 215!   Has anyone run this low on their press?  How did it go?

Could be a different calibration curve on the thermistor. They could have done that to make "temperatures" more in line with previous "temperatures".

Wouldn't that require some sort of firmware update?

I tried a print at 215... Didn't stick to the bed so well.

Nope, just remap it in software.

Firmware sends "250C", display "215C" in software, etc.

Dream-Cypher wrote:

Soliprint 1.1 sets ABS to run at 215!   Has anyone run this low on their press?  How did it go?

Couldn't set the second line without picking up the first line. No chance getting an initial layer down. I will not being using these setting in the future.
This must be Solidoodle's software team trying to fix the internal bending/jamming of filament just above hot end..

Solidoodle Press
SolidWorks 2014