Topic: Loose set screw on resistor

Just thought I would give a heads up in case you have intermittent heating problems.  The set screw for the resistor was loose allowing the thing to slide back and forth.  I tightened the screw and now all is well again.  Temps were going crazy, and I presumed the thermistor was at fault, not so.

Re: Loose set screw on resistor

Skyblue wrote:

Just thought I would give a heads up in case you have intermittent heating problems.  The set screw for the resistor was loose allowing the thing to slide back and forth.  I tightened the screw and now all is well again.  Temps were going crazy, and I presumed the thermistor was at fault, not so.

That's great!  Thanks.  Can you post a photo or show us something so we can see where this is

Re: Loose set screw on resistor

worldburger wrote:
Skyblue wrote:

That's great!  Thanks.  Can you post a photo or show us something so we can see where this is

Just above the nozzle, the aluminum block, has  a fat resistor sticking in it with wires coming out left side.  Set screw is on bottom of block, also set screw for the thermistor.  You, or course have to remove the thumb screw thats holding the faceplate in place to drop the heating unit, barrel, block, and nozzel.