Topic: connecting to press

so far I have tried three laptops and two desktops with operating systems ranging from windows vista-10 and I am running into the same problem with connecting to the press. when using soliprint I am able to connect to the printer once a day at best where I am able to heat up the bed and the extruder but the moment I test the extruder the temperature drops down to 0c every other time the extruder reads at 0c and the bed at around 16c.

if I try using Repetier-Host it claims the press is heating up while it is not and when I try to move it nothing physically happens. I can type out the G Code from Repetier-Host if that would help people from when I try to move the extruder.

Re: connecting to press

Sounds like serial comm failure.  Could be a bad cable or bad driver.

Try swapping in a different USB cable.

What driver are you using?  You should be using the driver available on this page.
http://wiki.solidoodle.com/installing-drivers

those are the drivers i am using and i have tried three different cables. ill try to reinstall the drivers see if that helps at all.

This may sound obvious or stupid but make sure you are selecting the actual COM port and not connecting to the virtual printer.

Former Solidoodle employee

Soliryan,

it is something i had to double check a few times but in my attempts i have been connect to a COM port to the best of my knowledge.