Topic: Optimistic! Few questions, though:

Just got our Press and have successfully printed a charmander and a strangely numbered d20. Pretty exciting stuff. But we have a few questions and concerns that we think someone could help us out with.

• 1. The conduit hose connected our extruder to the back of the Press gets pinched between the extruder and the back of the Press at the end of every print. Creating a terrible sound and causing us to move the hose each time. Has anyone seen this or know of a solution?

• 2. The small black nib that can raise or lower the Z-index sensor seems to 'catch' on the left side of the Press at the beginning of each print, also creating a (slightly less scary sounding) noise that we don't think is right. Has anyone seen this? [*/]

• 3. Has anyone figured out why some .STL files don't load into SoliPrint? That's annoying.

• 4. Has anyone gotten Repetier Host to work with their Press? After reading a bit online I'm kind of afraid to try. Also I'm having trouble connected Repetier to the Press in the first place.

Any and all insight into these various issues would be superb.

Re: Optimistic! Few questions, though:

1. Its an issue in several locations but for the Y axis I did this.
a. slid the covering back from the extruder end to expose the connector for the hot end heater.
b. taped both ends so it wouldn't open up.
c. then sort of twisted the cover so the slit corkscrewed through its length.
This made it spring up instead of down.
2. Not sure exactly but this is where the wiring gets in the way again. The nib needs to engage with the left panel. There are 2 ramps in the side that are used to raise and lower the switch. If the wiring gets between the extruder and the panel it will cause a grinding noise like when any axis is stuck and is still being driven by the stepper. But this will usually cause the switch to not be raised or lowered and you didn't mention that happening.
3. They load fine for me.
4. I have only used Soliprint so far.