Re: Repetier host

mikeflynn wrote:

After giving up, I heard that the older RH version that Solidoodle added the Press profile too was working well for people...but people running Windows. So as a last ditch effort, I spent last night dual booting my Mac and installed Windows 7 on it with the Solidoodle RH host. I then printed the same calibration cube as with my previous RH attempts (detailed previously on the thread) and the results were far far better (see pics attached below).

The brim got a little messed up and there was an issue with one or two loops in the walls, but since I was only getting a mess before it's a dramatic improvement. I might just stay with Windows for a while since I'm fortunate enough to have a dedicated machine for my Press, but once I feel adventurous again I will try moving over all the various settings to the latest RH version on OS X and see if that gets the job done (which logically, it should). I the meantime, if anyone is interested in seeing the settings my Solidoodle RH is running (both printer settings and Slic3r) let me know and I can post that information.

The better results are possibly due to the fact that our latest RH installer uses an updated version of Slic3r which performs much better. You can do this yourself with your Mac version by downloading Slic3r separately and replacing it within the RH directory, or telling RH where to find Slic3r if you put it somewhere else.

Former Solidoodle employee

neiledit wrote:

Great print results. Which version of RH did you use? I'm hoping to get setup of RH by using this thread.

These were done on the 0.85 version of RH with the Press profile included: http://support.solidoodle.com/hc/en-us/ … or-Windows

DePartedPrinter wrote:

I'm using the SD RH version just fine with no issues.  Make sure you select the Press under printer settings.

I have been running the bed at 90C and hot end at 240C

Any chance you could post that?

mikeflynn wrote:
neiledit wrote:

Great print results. Which version of RH did you use? I'm hoping to get setup of RH by using this thread.

These were done on the 0.85 version of RH with the Press profile included: http://support.solidoodle.com/hc/en-us/ … or-Windows

Dead link. hmm

soliryan wrote:
mikeflynn wrote:

After giving up, I heard that the older RH version that Solidoodle added the Press profile too was working well for people...but people running Windows. So as a last ditch effort, I spent last night dual booting my Mac and installed Windows 7 on it with the Solidoodle RH host. I then printed the same calibration cube as with my previous RH attempts (detailed previously on the thread) and the results were far far better (see pics attached below).

The brim got a little messed up and there was an issue with one or two loops in the walls, but since I was only getting a mess before it's a dramatic improvement. I might just stay with Windows for a while since I'm fortunate enough to have a dedicated machine for my Press, but once I feel adventurous again I will try moving over all the various settings to the latest RH version on OS X and see if that gets the job done (which logically, it should). I the meantime, if anyone is interested in seeing the settings my Solidoodle RH is running (both printer settings and Slic3r) let me know and I can post that information.

The better results are possibly due to the fact that our latest RH installer uses an updated version of Slic3r which performs much better. You can do this yourself with your Mac version by downloading Slic3r separately and replacing it within the RH directory, or telling RH where to find Slic3r if you put it somewhere else.

Hello, highly interested in the profile. Please shoot me a PM or email me direct at my user name, but at gmail.

Thanks Ryan!