Re: Folger Technology Kits

Tin - there are far better Z axis endstop mounts on thingiverse - some even have the adjustment screw integrated for quick, easy tweaks

I guess I should have looked for that. LOL but did have a couple spares on hand.

The extruder worked OK  on mine but I did upgrade to the titan and ED3. the tian evan can be a bit finicky either the filamen pos in the guide or it takes ten tries. And one still needs to keep the fingers out of the fan blades .
I did print a fan duct that combines a hotend fan and nozzle fan.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

52 (edited by Tin Falcon 2016-11-06 18:08:56)

I am still using this printer and atm as my main printer. I have however noticed there is a considerable about of play . No surprise in this inverted "T" frame design. So some bracing today a simple l bracket fabricated to attach to powrer supply to the base frame as it is already attached to the vertical .
And on the other side bend a piece of aluminum and drill a couple holes for an angle bracket.
When I had this at the show last month we were adjusting height almost every print  I thought this was just the filament hanging up. But after printing the horse last weekend I felt like the layers were a little off. then I noticed how much play there was in the frame . So today tightened the frame screws as well as electrical  connections as  well as some new bracing. So now running a print.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed

Hello!
I'm a student trying to innovate within the growing 3-D printing industry and I was wondering if anybody could fill out this quick survey to help me gather some data. Any responses are helpful, Thanks!
https://docs.google.com/a/d155.org/form … u8x_I/edit

JohnR wrote:

Hello!
I'm a student trying to innovate within the growing 3-D printing industry and I was wondering if anybody could fill out this quick survey to help me gather some data. Any responses are helpful, Thanks!
https://docs.google.com/a/d155.org/form … u8x_I/edit

You've already posted this, Please don't double post the same thing in different sections.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

3D printing lesson #372 brown squirrels and gray squirrels need different print settings.
Well not exactly. It is more like new formula Inland PLA vs old.  A few weeks ago I purchased a roll of Lt brown Inland PLA listed as a new improved formula and the listed temps are a bit High for pla. IIRC 210 -225. that roll of filament has been on the printer since I purchased it and I have ran a bunch of successful prints.      Included in the prints were a couple of red/ brown squirrels . But In my part of this fine land the squirrels are gray not red. So not really location appropriate. So I change out the filament and try to print. two Problems the first layers were sloppy and I failed to use the same filament path so snag and fail. So after printing several half squirrels I had to step back and remember the basics , reroute the filament slow down the first layer lower the temp and move forward.
It is reminder that every roll of filament may be different and in the endeavor to constantly improve materials settings have to change .And a reminder we need to remember the basics. Make assumptions and prints fail.
G-code is more or less disposable code. I can be reused but on a limited basis. And remember to use the preview tool it can save time and material.
It is IMHO a good idea to inversely scale the infill. a low honeycomb infill on a small object looks weird and does not fill much. 
So here i sit reminding myself of lessons learned . I hope these ramblings will help others learn from my mistakes and blunders.
Tin

I have been a happy user of the FT I3 for over a year . Just ordered big brother the FT5.