Topic: Press Extruder gear

Hello All,

I received my press yesterday. Its the first 3D printer I have owned, though I have used my friends makerbot. The set screw that holds the extruder gear to the drive shaft is missing on my printer, allowing gear to rotate freely on the shaft. I have contacted solidoodle about this, but I just want to know the size of the screw so I can replace it myself, rather than waiting for them. Does anyone know what size/type of set screw this is?

Thanks,

Torque

Re: Press Extruder gear

Only a guess but based on previous readings of it using a 1.5mm wrench I would think it to be an m3 set screw.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

Solidoodle confirmed that it is an m3 x 3 set screw. They are available on amazon, if anyone else has this issue.

The set screw on mine was loose.  Pulled the cover off the extruder to tighten it and there is a spring which puts tension on the idler bearing.

How in the world do I get the spring back in place?

Chris

Torque wrote:

Solidoodle confirmed that it is an m3 x 3 set screw. They are available on amazon, if anyone else has this issue.

Ace Hardware carries lots of specialty hardware like that, if you have one locally and don't want to wait for Amazon.