Topic: Press now printing in mid-air.

After uninstaling and re-installing the soliprint software, now the printer refuses to print anything on the actual build platform.

Every time it goes through the startup routine, it tests all nine points correctly then it lowers the platform down roughly 1.5" below the extruder and begins printing in the air.

Platform will raise and lower correctly via input from the configuration menu but completely refuses to begin a print job anywhere near the build platform.

Re: Press now printing in mid-air.

Sounds like the switch on your probe is broken/stuck closed.

Chuck Bittner is a quadriplegic gamer who is petitioning the major console developers to include internal button remapping in all console games. You can help.
Sign Chuck Bittners petition

No idea. I submitted a ticket with Solidoodle last night but so far, no response.

There was some comment about some STL files to not get dropped onto the bed when being placed in the soleprint software, have you tried checking your bed layout in all 3 dimensions before starting slicing and making sure your models are placed on the bed?

Solidoodle Workbench

Yes, I checked the layout before printing.

Ultimately I had to uninstall and re-install the software to clear the z-axis error.

Same thing happened to me, i found that using the G-Code M502 you can reset the printer to factory settings (including Z-Axis calibration). Just make sure you save the factory setting with code M500 right after you send M502. You can also verify the settings with M501

Hope this helps others with the same issue.