Topic: Repetier-Host Configuration

I went through Ian's post on Repetier-Host configuration.

I can connect to the printer, but in "Manual Control" all I get is xx Command Waiting.

Under "Printer Information" I get:
  * Machine Type: unknown
  * Firmware:
  * Firmware URL:
  * Protocol:

From Ian's blog, it says that if I got my Solidoodle after mid October, I should not need to update my firmware.  I got mine in late November.

I am running on Ubuntu Linux.

What did I miss?

Do I need to actually install the Repetier firmware or something?

Thanks all!
Brent

Re: Repetier-Host Configuration

Did you give yourself serial com grp permissions?

"I am running on Ubuntu Linux."

Ian does not run Linux, afaik. There is a thread with links about how to get repetier running under Ubuntu,
along with explanations of -why-

Short version of the solution: You need to force a 112500 (I think) baud rate, as mono does not support non-standard rates. Yes, you need to change and update the firmware to fix this.

And don't forget to re-calibrate the PID when you do - it drove me nuts that the extruder started skipping after I got things set up.

4 (edited by ErroneousBosch 2012-12-31 03:19:58)

Hi. I wrestled with Linux and Solidoodle and got it all working after about a week. Check the article I wrote for the Soliwiki: http://www.soliwiki.com/Linux

Hi,
I have the same problem with my Solidoodle 2 received in december (so I suppose it's the latest firmware), works fine at 250000 bauds in Pronterface, but also get the same message as perlguy. Should I check the firmware ? recompile it or something ? looked at the wiki but I'm not sure what to do more, installed monodevelop and usermod thing, but still get the message  unknown, with xxx command waiting :-/

Awesome, thanks for doing the wiki page!

From what I've done so far, it looks like I will only need to change the configuration.h file and change the baud-rate.  I've already changed my feed-rate in this file, so I am familiar with uploading it to the board.

I will give that a shot when I get home today.  Thank you again!

7 (edited by ErroneousBosch 2012-12-31 13:26:46)

Atuor:

You have to recompile the firmware using the instructions from the Wiki to get Repetierhost to work. It will not work at 250000, and the out-of-the-box firmware only supports that speed. The process is pretty simple and straightforward though, and I did my best to explain it.

Thanks for that input :-) will Pronterface still work with it after recompile ? Or have you noticed any issue ? I just don't want to be stuck ;-)

Should work. Frankly I only use Repetier. Pronterface seems primitive by comparison

Got it working, thanks!  The only thing that I had to change was the baud rate.

Perlguy: Yeah, aside from the one compile error I documented, it worked great after I changed the baud rate.

Is anyone using Repetier v83?  Seems to be many more config options for printer size, etc.  Is there a recommended settings guide for this?

SD2 - Stock - Enclosure - Heated Bed - Glass Plate - Auto Fire Extinguisher
Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate
Thanks for All of Your Help!

rdavidian28 wrote:

Is anyone using Repetier v83?  Seems to be many more config options for printer size, etc.  Is there a recommended settings guide for this?

Glad everything is up and running.

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.