Topic: I guess my new da vinci 1.0 is a hybrid?

I purchased the 1.0 on Amazon 3 weeks ago.  The model number on the back and the model number on the LCD is displayed as 1.0.  It has the magnetic door with "3D Printing" on the door like the pictures of the model 1.0A.  It also has the new motherboard with the 1.0.1 firmware.  I can also see that they have added metal shims next to the drive belt pulleys. 

Still on the stock filament and xyzware, but I am very impressed at the print quality.  Circles are round and the detail is excellent with no play in the X and Y axis. 

If the da vinci 1.0A is supposed to support PLA am I there also?

Re: I guess my new da vinci 1.0 is a hybrid?

bgrethen wrote:

I purchased the 1.0 on Amazon 3 weeks ago.  The model number on the back and the model number on the LCD is displayed as 1.0.  It has the magnetic door with "3D Printing" on the door like the pictures of the model 1.0A.  It also has the new motherboard with the 1.0.1 firmware.  I can also see that they have added metal shims next to the drive belt pulleys. 

Still on the stock filament and xyzware, but I am very impressed at the print quality.  Circles are round and the detail is excellent with no play in the X and Y axis. 

If the da vinci 1.0A is supposed to support PLA am I there also?

I have that one as well.  We both probably ordered it when it was on sale.  smile

When I got mine is said 1.0 on the display but when I updated it changed to 1.0A.  They are rumors that the newer ones can handle PLA.  Someone posted a conversation they had with XYZ about this.  I have not tried it yet.  I would say you are probably good.  We should find out soon.  I read they were making PLA official in January.

DaVinci 1.0A with Repetier .92
Simplify 3D
E3DV6