Topic: Simplify3D Machine Settings Bug?

Running S3D on a Mac, Davinci 2.0 with Repetier firmware 0.92

Anyone else see this behavior?

I've set S3D to use "XYZPrinting Da Vinci 2.0" config via the Configuration Assistant. I've noticed that my build volume display is rectangular instead of square - apparently the initial config sets the X-axis to 15cm and the Y and Z axes to 20cm (actual specs are 20cm for X and Y, 15cm for Z).

When trying to change settings to correct dimensions via Preferences -> Machine -> Build Volume, the changes are initially displayed but not saved and reset to incorrect 15x20x20 cm whenever the Processes window is opened. I've tried removing prefs but the change always recurs.

Davinci Duo, Repetier 0.92, OctoPi

2 (edited by jeff jenkins 2014-12-29 17:39:47)

Re: Simplify3D Machine Settings Bug?

Sorry bud but the x axis only has 5.9" of travel on the 2.0 because of the dual extruder. 5.9" = 149.86mm plus the actual bed in the printer is a rectangle not a square.

XYZ DA Vinci DUO 2.0
XYZWARE
Simplify3d
wctek.com xyzerocart

Ha! I feel pretty foolish. I was assuming the x and y were 20cm and the z was 15cm. Thanks for clarification.

No worries. I kinda wish i would have gotten the 1.0 instead for the extra build size but the new dual extruder settings in simplify3d will really make this 2.0 worth it in the long run.

XYZ DA Vinci DUO 2.0
XYZWARE
Simplify3d
wctek.com xyzerocart

I haven't tried a two-color print since switching to Repetier, but while on stock firmware I did a few and I'm definitely glad I got the dual, even with the smaller footprint. I have a roll of glow-in-the-dark ABS arriving tomorrow and am really looking forward to making two-color prints with it. Additionally, I have a roll of HIPS which I'm hoping will let me make complex shapes with supports that either dissolve or break off easily.