Topic: Filament not unloading or loading

I've had my printer for a couple weeks now. I tried to unload a near empty cartridge. The extruder started clicking, and the filament wouldn't come out. So I tried reloading, filament isn't extruding either. Thanks for any help. Here's a pic.

Post's attachments

2014-12-26 16.34.52.jpg
2014-12-26 16.34.52.jpg 1.33 mb, 1 downloads since 2014-12-26 

2014-12-26 16.34.59.jpg
2014-12-26 16.34.59.jpg 1.03 mb, 1 downloads since 2014-12-26 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Da Vinci 1.0A
Simplify3D
Stock FW

Re: Filament not unloading or loading

It could be stuck inside, the filament may have expanded inside making it difficult to unjam.
Try the Unload cartridge option many times see if it works by pulling the filament a little harder by hand.

Mine did the same about two (2) hours ago.  Voltages are ok, so I shot the temperature of the hot end.  Way low so suspect the heater is bad.  Looking into replacing the extruder with a E3D since it seems to be working ok for some of the people.  Will follow up when it gets feeling better.

I just went through this. I had to pull the fan, cut the filament through that opening, pull the extruder, then, soak the guide-tube in acetone.

Mainly, this will happen when you attempt to use filament that doesn't have good quality control. I was recently trying to use some BuMat clear ABS and found that the quality of the filament was actually quite bad in regards to the diameter of the filament. It varied from 1.7mm up to 2.1mm in diameter. This caused the filament to jam when entering the hot end. I ended up having to return the filament because BuMat didn't want to work with me on it. Can't recommend their filament anymore at all due to the terrible customer service.

Most likely the diameter of the filament you're using is too large and is getting jammed. The hot end on the Da Vinci isn't very forgiving unfortunately.

Yes I had the same problem. So I switched to florida-filaments com
and have been having good prints so far. I think I have tried every brand filament out there.