Topic: Cartridges not being Recognized

I am using the two cartridges that came with the printer, and XYZware won't let me print because it doesn't recognize them as real cartridges.

Re: Cartridges not being Recognized

Having the same problem.  However, the printer will print the demo's.  Software is what seems to be the problem. Have opened an incident ticket with XYZ

If you are on firmware 1.2.3, then downgrade to 1.1.J. regardless what firmware you're on, block xyz.exe (xyzware) with the Windows firewall or LittleSnitch on OSX.  XYZ's servers are notorious for locking user's cartridges from xyzware 1.23+ for no reasons -- just block it from accessing the internet. You may want to also downgrade to 1.1.31 on xyzware since the latest versions all contain spyware and will send your print information to xyzware to run some sort of (failing) checksum/check and enable/disable the cartridge ...

F3

Did your cartridge fail? Can't purchase a new one anywhere? Give your existing cartridge new life with http://wctek.com/xyz

I have the latest version of the Da Vinci 1.0A with firmware 1.0.3. 

I had this issue at first but reseated the printer cart in the printer.  I also turned it off/on once I reseated it and this did the trick.

DaVinci 1.0A with Repetier .92
Simplify 3D
E3DV6

Clean the cart contacts and the board contacts at the bottom. Make sure no contacts are bent and seat the cart firmly but slowly in, do not slam it.

Make sure that the upper clip is not missing the rubber bumper and it is clicked in place.

Downgrade the FW and SW plus block it at the firewall as in a previous post and all should work a lot better.

6 (edited by madmarkus 2015-01-01 05:10:27)

I had the same issue with a new violet cart...I just turned off the printer and software and turned the printer back on, reloaded the xyzware and it was fine.
oh, have a duo with the latest software and firmware (just got it at Christmas)

DaVinci 2.0 Duo
Latest Stock Software
XYZ ABS only
1st print 12/26/14