Topic: software?

anyone know a better program for printing? i dont like how xyzware creates supports and rafts. also the way it handles objects. is there something else thats compatible? free or pay?

Re: software?

also that works with mac

roymayor wrote:

anyone know a better program for printing? i dont like how xyzware creates supports and rafts. also the way it handles objects. is there something else thats compatible? free or pay?

Unless you are willing to reflash the firmware which will void your warranty there is nothing else that will run this machine directly. You can always use any other package out there like Repetier Host, Cura, Craftware, and others but you would have to slice it, get gcode, convert it, and import it into XYZware to print. It is the slicing function of XYZware that is the issue. You just are not given the control you really need.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

4 (edited by scobo 2014-12-25 05:36:12)

Try the xyzware modded version. You can use which ever slicer you wish with it.
I slice with Cura and just use the xyzware mod to upload the gcode to the printer.

Edit : just noticed you're using a mac, not sure if the mod is available for mac.

Davinci 1.0 with repetier firmware & E3D V6 Lite
Anycubic Photon DLP printer, Einscan-S 3D scanner
Simplify3d, 123D Design, Meshmixer
http://www.thingiverse.com/scobo/designs

I purchased Simplify3D and it works really well, just need firmware 1.1.J.
You can print directly from the software, like XYZWare, select different temperature for different layers, so far, very good.
It comes as a Mac, PC and Linux version, I think.