Topic: Removing, Replacing the heated print bed

Has anyone removed the heated bed and replaced it?

I took mine off, but left all the wires in place (which means it's still connected).  There is only one connector, which just reroutes a couple of wires around the support structure, and a wire harness that goes to a number of locations behind the PC board.  If I clip off the tie wraps and remove the PC Board, do all the wires go to connectors, or are they hard soldered to the board?

Engineer in the Medical Device Industry, used high end 3D printers, but exploring what can be done with inexpensive printers.  Own a Da Vinci 2.0 Duo

Re: Removing, Replacing the heated print bed

jjc wrote:

Has anyone removed the heated bed and replaced it?

I took mine off, but left all the wires in place (which means it's still connected).  There is only one connector, which just reroutes a couple of wires around the support structure, and a wire harness that goes to a number of locations behind the PC board.  If I clip off the tie wraps and remove the PC Board, do all the wires go to connectors, or are they hard soldered to the board?

If by PC board you mean the main controller then you can rest assured that all the connectors on the controller are socketed. The bed heater actually has screw terminals and spade lugs.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

I cracked my bed on my 4th print and xyz support shipped me a replacement that arrived today (will install tonight). I have to remove the old piece and ship it to them before they would send the replacement.

To complete the replacement they had me follow the instructions in this video : youtu.be/m5NyMmTTNW4

The replacement already had the element adhered so it should just be a drop in replacement.

wellsje wrote:

I cracked my bed on my 4th print and xyz support shipped me a replacement that arrived today (will install tonight). I have to remove the old piece and ship it to them before they would send the replacement.

To complete the replacement they had me follow the instructions in this video : youtu.be/m5NyMmTTNW4

The replacement already had the element adhered so it should just be a drop in replacement.

I reall wish they would make the glass and heater separately like most printers. But they probably do this to force the average user to buy parts from them.

5 (edited by jjc 2014-12-16 04:06:21)

Can somebody explain the youtube links? 

for example:

youtu.be/m5NyMmTTNW4

Doesn't bring up a youtube video for me - I'm sure there is a reason, but I just don't know the ins and outs of youtube video
links.

I might have just figured it out, but I'm still a little confused.

If I change it to: https://youtu.be/m5NyMmTTNW4 and put it in the address bar it works

Engineer in the Medical Device Industry, used high end 3D printers, but exploring what can be done with inexpensive printers.  Own a Da Vinci 2.0 Duo

jjc wrote:

for example:

youtu.be/m5NyMmTTNW4

Doesn't bring up a youtube video for me - I'm sure there is a reason, but I just don't know the ins and outs of youtube video
links.

If I change it to: https://youtu.be/m5NyMmTTNW4 and put it in the address bar it works

They post links this way to avoid getting in trouble for linking to other sites. If you have a smart browser like firefox sometimes your example is enough. Just highlight it, then right click and select open link in new page. Or just modify it as you did also works. For many sites posting external links is a gray area. But if you post a link that needs help to work, then you are not really posting a link.

carl_m1968 wrote:
jjc wrote:

for example:

youtu.be/m5NyMmTTNW4

links.

They post links this way to avoid getting in trouble for linking to other sites. If you have a smart browser like firefox sometimes your example is enough. Just highlight it, then right click and select open link in new page. Or just modify it as you did also works. For many sites posting external links is a gray area. But if you post a link that needs help to work, then you are not really posting a link.

Carl,

Thanks for the explanation, I'm using firefox, and it seems to get past a dot in the middle of youtube, but it seemed to choke without the https://.