Topic: Help with an unplugged cable (new owner)

Hi!
In the unboxing process a cable went unplugged. I am posting a pic. Can somebody post a pic in return so I know how it should be plugged? Thanks!

Post's attachments

IMG_20141214_131810837.jpg
IMG_20141214_131810837.jpg 1 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

2 (edited by ruberov 2014-12-14 22:16:34)

Re: Help with an unplugged cable (new owner)

@team3 Thanks for your reply! 
Like this? (see attached pic)

Post's attachments

IMG_20141214_161235924.jpg
IMG_20141214_161235924.jpg 739.26 kb, 1 downloads since 2014-12-14 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

team3 wrote:

Looks good to me!
If you have not done something similar already, perform a "Home Axis" and make sure the bed stops at the top.  Keep your finger on the power button incase the sensor got dinked.
Good luck!  You are going to have some fun with your new toy!

Hey, thanks for all your help.
I think I have other(s) electrical problems, because the home button drives the bed downwards. Also, I tried to move ir manually with the jog mode, and it only moves it downwards (pushing Z positive). When I push the Z negative, it sounds like a click and it doesnt move, and the motor doesnt move eather. I know the motor works because when I turn the printer on, the Z axis moves in both directions.
Do you know what would the problem be (and how to solve it) ?

4 (edited by carl_m1968 2014-12-16 02:03:03)

ruberov wrote:
team3 wrote:

Looks good to me!
If you have not done something similar already, perform a "Home Axis" and make sure the bed stops at the top.  Keep your finger on the power button incase the sensor got dinked.
Good luck!  You are going to have some fun with your new toy!

Hey, thanks for all your help.
I think I have other(s) electrical problems, because the home button drives the bed downwards. Also, I tried to move ir manually with the jog mode, and it only moves it downwards (pushing Z positive). When I push the Z negative, it sounds like a click and it doesnt move, and the motor doesnt move eather. I know the motor works because when I turn the printer on, the Z axis moves in both directions.
Do you know what would the problem be (and how to solve it) ?

In most case if your axis only moves in one direction during home or not at all an end sensor is the issue. On or more of your end sensors are disconnected or bad. When an end sensor in this type of set up is unplugged or bad the system sees it as active. In your case the Z-axis sensor is being seen as active when it actually is not. So the logic thinks you are at home and that is why it will only move down. I would recheck that connection and make sure it is secure and proper. Not backwards. Also make sure the sensor is not damaged. I can't see well in the picture but there should be a plastic U shape that part of the bed will slide in to to register when home. I can't tell if that part is present in that image or not.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.