Topic: New Da Vinci owner. Where do I put it?

My Da Vinci 1.0 came today! I bought it Wednesday on Amazon. $399 was too good to pass up.

Anyway, where is the best place to put it? I know it should be in a ventilated area. But should I put it upstairs in a warmer room? Or will it be ok in a basement? It's slightly cooler down there, but I have a extra heater down there for when I'm down there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Da Vinci 1.0A
Simplify3D
Stock FW

2 (edited by carl_m1968 2014-12-12 20:41:50)

Re: New Da Vinci owner. Where do I put it?

phrase_universe wrote:

My Da Vinci 1.0 came today! I bought it Wednesday on Amazon. $399 was too good to pass up.

Anyway, where is the best place to put it? I know it should be in a ventilated area. But should I put it upstairs in a warmer room? Or will it be ok in a basement? It's slightly cooler down there, but I have a extra heater down there for when I'm down there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Preferably a warm area. The warmer you can keep the build chamber the better your results. You also want to keep it in a dry area. The filament will absorb moisture over time and that leads to print issues. So the drier the environment the longer your unused filament will last. If you start hearing little pops and small poofs of steam from the nozzle during prints then that means your filament has moisture in it and will need to be baked. If you have an oven that can be set as low as 100c then you can bake the filament in it for 6 hours to dry it out. Of course this is a last resort.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Re: New Da Vinci owner. Where do I put it?

carl_m1968 wrote:

Preferably a warm area. The warmer you can keep the build chamber the better your results. You also want to keep it in a dry area. The filament will absorb moisture over time and that leads to print issues. So the drier the environment the longer your unused filament will last. If you start hearing little pops and small poofs of steam from the nozzle during prints then that means your filament has moisture in it and will need to be baked. If you have an oven that can be set as low as 100c then you can bake the filament in it for 6 hours to dry it out. Of course this is a last resort.

Thanks for the info Carl. I appreciate it.

Da Vinci 1.0A
Simplify3D
Stock FW