Topic: Simplify 3D now supports Da Vinci 1.0 and 2.0

I just read the article. I would post a link, but I don't have permission. 

I'm new to 3D printing, and I will have a Da Vinci 1.0 come Christmas. So my question is, is this a good thing or no? Should I use it?

Da Vinci 1.0A
Simplify3D
Stock FW

Re: Simplify 3D now supports Da Vinci 1.0 and 2.0

phrase_universe wrote:

I'm new to 3D printing, and I will have a Da Vinci 1.0 come Christmas. So my question is, is this a good thing or no? Should I use it?

Sure if you want a $200 piece of software to run a $400 printer.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:
phrase_universe wrote:

Sure if you want a $200 piece of software to run a $400 printer.

I bought it before the update for my other printers, the software is great, much better than what's available for the da vinci. The support structures and how easily they come off are worth it alone for me.

BlueTape wrote:
phrase_universe wrote:

I bought it before the update for my other printers, the software is great, much better than what's available for the da vinci. The support structures and how easily they come off are worth it alone for me.

Thanks for the info, my printer arrives Saturday. I was wondering if S3D is better than XYZware. If I install S3D, does that void the warranty? I may end up using the stock software for a while until I'm more comfortable with the printer.

Da Vinci 1.0A
Simplify3D
Stock FW

phrase_universe wrote:
BlueTape wrote:
phrase_universe wrote:

Thanks for the info, my printer arrives Saturday. I was wondering if S3D is better than XYZware. If I install S3D, does that void the warranty? I may end up using the stock software for a while until I'm more comfortable with the printer.

I'm using it with my Da Vinci printer with stock firmware.

Would be interested to see the same print from S3D and XYZWare (on a stock DaVinci) to see if there is a signification difference in quality.

TheTrickster wrote:

Would be interested to see the same print from S3D and XYZWare (on a stock DaVinci) to see if there is a signification difference in quality.

Personally, I think the power comes from the options you get with the s3d slicing engine. I'll try to do a test print with my da vinci using s3d stock firmwware and get pics smile

BlueTape wrote:
TheTrickster wrote:

Personally, I think the power comes from the options you get with the s3d slicing engine. I'll try to do a test print with my da vinci using s3d stock firmwware and get pics smile

Thanks. I'm looking forward to the results.

Da Vinci 1.0A
Simplify3D
Stock FW

Here it is folks, i brought my laptop over to my friend's place and he has a 2.0 with stock firmware:

Post's attachments

20141212_132002.jpg
20141212_132002.jpg 578.11 kb, 1 downloads since 2014-12-12 

20141212_144516.jpg
20141212_144516.jpg 568.87 kb, 2 downloads since 2014-12-12 

20141212_144611.jpg
20141212_144611.jpg 520.17 kb, 2 downloads since 2014-12-12 

Screen Shot 2014-12-12 at 1.15.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-12-12 at 1.15.55 PM.png 352.85 kb, 1 downloads since 2014-12-12 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

BlueTape wrote:

Here it is folks, i brought my laptop over to my friend's place and he has a 2.0 with stock firmware:

Looks good. Do you think the quality is better than using XYZWare?

Da Vinci 1.0A
Simplify3D
Stock FW

of course the print quality is better just look at all the features you get with the software. you also get a simulation to review with s3d. with full control over your printing capability it kicks the crap out of the xyzware . xyzware only gives you a couple options and you are stuck with what ever it gives you but the s3d allows so much adjustability you can actually cut your print times by a lot compared to the xyzware. and you don't have xyz able to remotely access your printer and take control of your property and lock you out of being able to run it open source.

XYZ DA Vinci DUO 2.0
XYZWARE
Simplify3d
wctek.com xyzerocart

I just got S3d last night so I have not had a lot of time to play with it yet. What I have played with so far is great. I love the option of setting the temps at different layers. I can now start to cool the bed down as the print get close to the end.

13 (edited by pricecg44 2014-12-20 23:23:39)

Just got simplify, great stuff except it will not connect with my da dinci 1.0.
I've tried com3 and com1 with all the baud rates. Also I turned the printer on/off as that solves the busy printer error in xyzware.

14 (edited by pricecg44 2014-12-20 23:24:23)

Ah got it to talk. Just off/on'ed the printer then Quickly hit the connect button in the machine dialog box. Could be a hit and miss thing.
Warming up ....

Ok, the print job was cancelled, messy.  Before I experiment, has anyone done working adjustments to temps, speeds etc.

pricecg44 wrote:

Ok, the print job was cancelled, messy.  Before I experiment, has anyone done working adjustments to temps, speeds etc.

Speeds for this printer should be 40 or less. Temps on average should be 210 for extruder and 90 to 110 for bed..

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

pricecg44 wrote:

Just got simplify, great stuff except it will not connect with my da dinci 1.0.
I've tried com3 and com1 with all the baud rates. Also I turned the printer on/off as that solves the busy printer error in xyzware.

what firmware are you running on your da vinci? I am under the impression that it doesnt work with the new firmwares version 1.0.1 and up.

Da Vinci 1.0 stock firmware and stock xyzware.
3D printer Noob.
Stock ABS filaments

18 (edited by pricecg44 2014-12-21 01:43:34)

georgehine wrote:

what firmware are you running on your da vinci? I am under the impression that it doesnt work with the new firmwares version 1.0.1 and up.

I've just updated the firmware, I can send a Gcode from simplify to the da Vinci, just have to get
It right.

19 (edited by pricecg44 2014-12-21 03:10:42)

carl_m1968 wrote:
pricecg44 wrote:

Speeds for this printer should be 40 or less. Temps on average should be 210 for extruder and 90 to 110 for bed..

The speed set under the fff dialog was 1800mm/min, will try 1000. Extruded temp wa 220, will try 212 as per normal operation.

The use of simplify really is a 'no choicer' such as stuff like putting all those single piece stl's together.

pricecg44 wrote:
georgehine wrote:

I've just updated the firmware, I can send a Gcode from simplify to the da Vinci, just have to get
It right.

make sure your not running 1.2.3 firmware as it says the software will only work with all firmwares before the 1.2.3

XYZ DA Vinci DUO 2.0
XYZWARE
Simplify3d
wctek.com xyzerocart

The printer says its 1.0.3, yet I just updated the firmware? Is the 1.2.3 only for the duo or the aio?

22 (edited by pricecg44 2014-12-21 10:08:49)

I am getting the same crap prints for several small rubber gun bit stl's loaded together.
The larger piece  just a 3cm gear type thingy.

Can someone post their successful simplify parameters (including the dialog it is in) please.

23 (edited by pricecg44 2014-12-21 10:16:09)

My chief suspect is the speed Is too large. So I'm looking thru the hacking thread on that, cf what simplify outputs. Can we get a text version of the gcode output? The output of simplify is 'factory' format that is binary.

pricecg44 wrote:

The printer says its 1.0.3, yet I just updated the firmware? Is the 1.2.3 only for the duo or the aio?

You've probably got one of the very very new printers that has a completely different main board and different/new firmware.