1 (edited by DigitalWhitewater 2012-12-20 21:29:02)

Topic: Custom gcode

Aloha, So I'm starting to read up on custom gcode.... I was wondering what other folks were doing in the way of custom gcode on their prints. It look like the most common thing is to home all the axis-es.

If you have some custom lines made that you use for your prints would you mind sharing and explaining their purpose.
It'd be nice to start a collection of some 'solid' (heehee) lines of gcode that everybody could benefit from.

SD2 w/ mods: Rumba controller, ATX PSU, SD pro case, glass bed, with more to come...

Re: Custom gcode

I have this in my layer g-code to fix axis shift.

G91 ; set to incremental  system   
G1 Z5 F300 ;move platform down 5mm
G28 X0 Y0  ; home X axis and y axis
G90; set to absolute system

THe G91 G1 Z5 F300  Lowers the table 5mm so as to not tag the part on the way home.
G28 X0 Y0  ; homes X axis and y axis incase x & y got off and fixes the location error.

G90; set to absolute system   Back like it was.

Re: Custom gcode

Be careful with your Z axis as if your bed has particularly bad backlash. Try it with and without to see if it has an effect on your part quality.

I would however add G1 E-.05 F5000. before the home and G1 E.05 F5000. after the home, to act as a retraction. Replace the E and the F with whatever your using for retraction. Or, just deal with a massive ball of string.