Topic: Extruder Temperature Fluxuations

I've been noticing that my extruder will vary in temperature from 170c to 220c during a print.  I usually have the temperature set to 212. 

I dont remember if it has always done this or not...can anyone confirm this is normal?  Or maybe the temperature sensor is broken? bad wire?

Thanks!

Re: Extruder Temperature Fluxuations

rawkstar320 wrote:

I've been noticing that my extruder will vary in temperature from 170c to 220c during a print.  I usually have the temperature set to 212. 

I dont remember if it has always done this or not...can anyone confirm this is normal?  Or maybe the temperature sensor is broken? bad wire?

Thanks!

It is not normal. The temp should never vary more than 5 degrees. 10 degrees at the most. Check the connection above the extruder where the heater wires connect to the main harness by a black connector. These are know to be loose and the terminals inside are weak and bend. Many have replaced this connection with a connection they feel is more solid. Some have just removed the connector and used wire nuts to twist the wires to its corresponding mate, and some have even just soldered them at the cost of serviceability.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Re: Extruder Temperature Fluxuations

thanks for the tip!  I knew I wasnt crazy...

I will see what I can do to fix it, it definitely looks a little sketchy.