Topic: slic3r goes super fast problem

I have had my xyz davinci for about 2months now, still learning. Just now trying to understand how to use slic3r with it. After it prints first layer, the printer goes super fast, way to fast. I have cut the slicer speed down to 30mm/s  but still seems the same super fast speed.  Ideas?

Re: slic3r goes super fast problem

hansen644 wrote:

I have had my xyz davinci for about 2months now, still learning. Just now trying to understand how to use slic3r with it. After it prints first layer, the printer goes super fast, way to fast. I have cut the slicer speed down to 30mm/s  but still seems the same super fast speed.  Ideas?

Have you opened the gcode in notepad++ and converted on the G0 commands to G1? The system as it is does not recognize fast moves. Which is what G0 command is. I might have that backwards. I dont worry sbout it any more since I flashed mine to Repetier firmware and use Repetier host. But ever they are now, need to be the opposite. Notepad++ allows you to search for example G0 then replace all with whatever like G1.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

So if I change the G1 it will stop going super fast?

If they are G1 now, then yes all the G1 entries have to be changed to G0. Depending on the size of your print this could number in the thousands and that is why you want to use notepad++ as it allows you find all of a certain search and then replace all with another entry. You will have to forgive me, last month I switched to Repetier firmware and Host so I can just throw any kind of STL at it now and print. So it has been a while since I had to convert and I cannot remember if Slicer makes them G1 or G0 by default. I just know that whatever slicer generates you have to change because the XYZ firmware does not support fast moves and that is what Slicer generates by default and there is no other way to change but to edit the gcode after slicing.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Gotcha. I will try it out

Tried it and nothing changed, still running super fast?