Topic: XYZ releases XYZware 1.1.33.3 for Windows

I have a mac so I wouldn't be using it, but i see in the release notes that it now supports showing the "cartridge serial number on 'About' page". Which is probably the most unwanted, unlonged for feature in the program. No doubt this is an indication of XYZ's ongoing attempt to lock in DaVinci users to having to use their proprietary cartridge. Forget about improving the slicer, forget about addressing all the hangs and freezes... let's make sure the cartridge ID number is displayed! <sigh>
Also interested to not that it says that it now "Improve the printing quality for the top surface by using advance setting of layer heights 0.1mm and 0.2mm". Do you think that means that the .2 and .1 mm slicing options were never had effect in the first place?

Would be interested in comments from any brave souls who use this new release.

Re: XYZ releases XYZware 1.1.33.3 for Windows

I have the same questions and also wanted to know if this update nulls the cartridge resseter...thanks for any info...

I just upgraded to 1.1.33.3 and am able to print without any warning about my cartridges.  I have the resetting tool and I use $15 filament from MicroCenter with My Da Vinci Duo.

wow... that's potentially heartening news... maybe XYZ is backing off on their proprietary filament requirements. wouldn't that be nice!

boxcarmib wrote:

wow... that's potentially heartening news... maybe XYZ is backing off on their proprietary filament requirements. wouldn't that be nice!

Just reflash to Repetier firmware and use Repetier host. Then you have 100% control over every function and you can even fine tune things like steps per mm to get the printed size to be exactly the same as the drawn size.  You can also then use any filament and dont even need a cartridge.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

I see a lot of recommendations to simply "flash to Repetier" so that all my problems will disappear, and I would pursue that route if I weren't also seeing a lot of posts that seem to identify that its not as simple as it sounds and that there are problems with extruder height, bed leveling and a collection of other issues that suggests that Repetier (while solving the filament problem), comes with its own set of problems. While the daVinci is not the greatest 3d printer in the world, they are improving it and over time I suspect that their slicing and overall printer performance will improve. As it stands I'm quite happy with my daVinci EXCEPT for the proprietary cartridge, and as I say, if they give up trying to keep customers chained to their cartridges then that's good news.

I must say, for the moment, I too am pretty happy with the results I'm getting with the stock firmware and haven't yet found the need to switch to Repetier.
I'm on 1.1.E firmware and use the xyzware mod so the filament counter is disabled allowing me to use any brand of filament.
It also allows me to use any slicer software and I mostly use Cura.
I have a netbook connected to the printer which I can access remotely using Teamviewer software.
I have a Toshiba Flashair SD card installed allowing me to upload files remotely too.
I can see other benefits to Repetier such as being able to pause a print and change filament but I reckon I'll stick with the stock firmware till I either find a need for it or curiosity gets the better of me.

Davinci 1.0 with repetier firmware & E3D V6 Lite
Anycubic Photon DLP printer, Einscan-S 3D scanner
Simplify3d, 123D Design, Meshmixer
http://www.thingiverse.com/scobo/designs

I am stuck on the new firmware and the only thing I am not happy with is that I cant fillament reset as far as I know. since it is the now motherboard the older firmwares wont work! other then that I get great prints out of my davinci.

Da Vinci 1.0 stock firmware and stock xyzware.
3D printer Noob.
Stock ABS filaments

is anyone running the newest xyz firmware? I was just wondering if I should upgrade my firmware?

Da Vinci 1.0 stock firmware and stock xyzware.
3D printer Noob.
Stock ABS filaments