1 (edited by hansen644 2014-11-25 19:26:17)

Topic: on tall prints a Fan needed?

Hi everyone. I have a Davinci 1.0  When printing strigh small items like a threaded screw. My print seems to not come out well, very melted looking. I read somewhere if I use a fan it will help.  Anyone have any info on using a fan blowing on extruder?

Re: on tall prints a Fan needed?

Another option would be to place multiple items on the build plate.  This would give some cooling time for each layer as it switches from one part to the other.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

A fan will definitely help. I printed a part recently with tall pillars about 10mm width and the only way it would print without warping was with a fan blowing over the part as it printed. It came out perfectly with the fan.

Davinci 1.0 with repetier firmware & E3D V6 Lite
Anycubic Photon DLP printer, Einscan-S 3D scanner
Simplify3d, 123D Design, Meshmixer
http://www.thingiverse.com/scobo/designs

I do what wardjr suggested and just print multiples of whatever I am printing.  If you look on thingiverse I believe there are a couple designs already to add a fan onto the front of the extruder to fix this issue.

Thank you everyone