Topic: Start Gcode after Repetier Firmware Flash

I have loaded the Repetier firmware on my Da Vinci 1.0.  Does anyone have a copy of start Gcode, that replicates the nozzle cleaning, etc of the stock firmware?

Thanks!

Re: Start Gcode after Repetier Firmware Flash

pastprimitive wrote:

I have loaded the Repetier firmware on my Da Vinci 1.0.  Does anyone have a copy of start Gcode, that replicates the nozzle cleaning, etc of the stock firmware?

Thanks!

That was a function of the original firmware. It is not done by gcode.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

You would have to replicate this yourself, but it should be pretty easy.  It just moves 5mm or so on the X, then 5mm on the Y, then start the rest of your code.

Thanks.  I'll experiment with.  My prints all start off to far over, like the width of the dump area.  What should the settings be for it in repetier host, and slic3r?

pastprimitive wrote:

Thanks.  I'll experiment with.  My prints all start off to far over, like the width of the dump area.  What should the settings be for it in repetier host, and slic3r?

All I did was tell Rephost that my bed was much bigger than it is so that it hits the center of the fake bed which is the center of the real bed. As long as you don't print something that goes outside of the physical limits you can tell Rephost you bed is a mile in every direction if you wanted. It will just try to center based on that. So figure out what your virtual bed size needs to be by testing and starting a print till you get it to center. I just start a print then turn of the printer if it is not where I want it.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:
pastprimitive wrote:

All I did was tell Rephost that my bed was much bigger than it is so that it hits the center of the fake bed which is the center of the real bed. As long as you don't print something that goes outside of the physical limits you can tell Rephost you bed is a mile in every direction if you wanted. It will just try to center based on that. So figure out what your virtual bed size needs to be by testing and starting a print till you get it to center. I just start a print then turn of the printer if it is not where I want it.

So what I ended up doing was altering my start gcode. I found out where the corner of my actual bed was in the coordinate system, after I had the nozzle go over the wiper a few times, I sent it to the corner, and then issued a G92 command. Which essentially sets the current position as 0,0. This worked beautifully and allowed me to keep the bed properly represented in Repetier host.

Here's a copy of my start g-code for anyone who's also in need:

G21 ; set units to millimeters
M107
M190 S100 ; wait for bed temperature to be reached
M104 S230 ; set temperature
M109 S230 ; wait for temperature to be reached
G90 ; use absolute coordinates
G92 E0
M82 ; use absolute distances for extrusion
G1 Z5.00000 F7800.000
G1 E14.00000 F1800.000
G1 X12 F7800.000