1 (edited by curlrup 2014-11-18 21:38:24)

Topic: Please help me with my other hobby (it involves a DaVinci)

I hope this is ok.  I read through posting rules and didn't see anything specific.  If this is not allowed my aplogies and please remove it.  Ok here it goes.....

Hello!  Well besides 3D Printing I have another hobby...R2D2.  You know this guy

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x60/curlrup/FB_20141027_05_51_24_Saved_Picture_zps91202e90.jpg

That is my screen accurate fully functional (well rado controled) R2 unit.  I built him from scratch.  Oh yeah and that is Space Shuttle Discovery behind him. He is about 20% 3D printed. He goes to a lot of events for kids.  Like Air and Scare at the Smithsonian's Udvar Hazy Center.  Here is the line of kids to meet R2 at the last Air and Scare.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x60/curlrup/FB_20141027_06_01_40_Saved_Picture_zps8f52f37a.jpg

So what do I need help with?  Well kids are tough on R2.  Really tough. Lets face it.  Some parents suck.  So when little Jonny is kicking and twisting every little knob they can find on R2 he gets broken.  So I entered a contest to win a new DaVinci!  I have always wanted one!  I already have a 3D printer but it is getting old, and I could use more capacity. I can win by having people vote for my project here.

https://www.tabsite.com/404...=false&entry=1045959

You need a Facebook account.  You can also vote every 24 hours.  I need to retake the lead and hold it until Friday night.  I would really appreciate any votes. 
Thanks Folks!!

Curly/Brad

Re: Please help me with my other hobby (it involves a DaVinci)

Please share on Facebook as much as possible!  Thank you

Down by 16 as of this morning.  Thank you for voting, and feel free to share as well.

4 (edited by rawkstar320 2014-11-19 14:52:03)

voted. good luck

If you don't win, at only $500 ($450 at microcenter) you should just get one.  Do it for R2! (Or wait and see how the Solidoodle Press shakes out...)

rawkstar320 wrote:

voted. good luck

If you don't win, at only $500 ($450 at microcenter) you should just get one.  Do it for R2! (Or wait and see how the Solidoodle Press shakes out...)

Thank you! I'm really down in votes today. I had been leading for a while but the barn owl guy caught up. Thanks folks.

Actually it is down to $399.99 right now (plus tax) at Microcenter

scotthay wrote:

Actually it is down to $399.99 right now (plus tax) at Microcenter

You can also get them on ebay for $200 or so and may or may not need repairs. Mine was $300 and claimed to have a clogged extruder. The person just did not know how to read and follow the unload procedure. It actually works great and is one of the second or third rev models.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Only down by 3 votes this morning.  Thank you!  If it has been 24 hours since your last vote you can vote again!  Thank you I really appreciate it.  Hopefully I can join your ranks and post about my DaVinci!

Whew this contest is tough.  I am neck and neck with the other guy.  Remember you can vote again after 24 hours.  I need every vote I can muster!  Thank you!

Please keep voting! I am down 40 votes as of this morning. Thank you.

I'm back up but man my competition is fierce!  Please share and vote!  I want to join the DaVinci ranks!

Looks like it ended it a tie?  What now?