1 (edited by Hurleyboarder 2014-11-17 07:26:17)

Topic: [Custom Firmware] Auto Bed Leveling?

Hi, I recently got the Da Vinci, and put custom firmware on it. Now I was wondering is their any way to auto level my bed since the Da Vinci already comes with that feature in the normal firmware.

Re: [Custom Firmware] Auto Bed Leveling?

Repetier does not support autocal right now. I also would not use it. It never worked with stock firmware. Run it and not touch anything and you will get a different value and sometimes even fail every time. Just do the zero offset in the EEPROM then adjust it manually at each screw using a piece of paper as a gauge.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Auto-leveling has been already implemented in Repetier for the DaVinci. Google the Repetier firmware fork by luc, which is the one with more features, by far. However I'd also not rely much on it. Manual leveling seems to do a much better job after all.

Implemented but not being reliable is still pretty much the same as not being supported. Just rely on the manual method for now till somebody comes up with a reliable algorithm.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

It should be as reliable as it is in the stock firmware (which is not much). I don't think the problem is with the algorithm but rather with the mechanism itself, as the contact between the probe and the metal pads can be influenced by other factors (eg. plastic fumes from printing may add a layer that would even prevent electrical conductivity), throwing off the calculations.