Topic: Percent Complete, Time elapse screen

Ive been using slic3r + XYZopenmod to run my printer and it works great!  Its nice being able to set the nozzle temp to 220* so that it actually sticks to the bed...

That being said, when this line of code is read on the machine, the Da Vinci displays the "Monitor" temp screen - showing me the temp of the nozzle and bed.  Does anyone know what code I can use to trigger the % complete screen to come back?  I've noticed that if I remove the change temp lines from my code, I get to see the % complete screen (but the temp stays at the cartridge default of course).

Thank you for any tips,
jake

Re: Percent Complete, Time elapse screen

Does anybody know how to fix this?

when the printer cannot comprehend higher temperatures, it sometimes does this with me also. usually either the bed or the extruder lose temperature, and it homes its axes and increases temperature again, to then print. If your using a too high temperature, itll stay at the percent screen, and will then give you an error code.

I would recommend trying the g code down 1 degree until it works, and then tell us, as it seems that many would like to know

Currently, I use a first layer nozzle temp of 220*, 212* after that (Stock says 210*, 210*)

So lowering the temperature after the first layer does not bring the % complete screen back.  I suspect it is not possible to bring it back with Gcode as it is likely a firmware operation that changes the screen information. 

(of course, I have no idea why they couldnt have just given the option the change the screens anyways, with the stock software you could NOT see the temperature of the nozzle/bed after you had started printing)

5 (edited by alexandernadeau 2014-12-05 21:04:14)

I print with 220 and 105, since anything for me over 110 keeps mine on the % complete screen, and then gives me an error code. as I said, with the lower temp, it sits there with % complete, for about 2 minutes, then resets to warm the extruder and bed up again, then actually starts.

Also, I never said to lower after the first layer, that would still have the same problem lol. if anything, it may work with the opposite...... but I just keep the bed temp low.

The issue is not really in the code, but the limitations in the firmware and how it sends data to
the display. What you see happening is if the temperature display line uses 1 more character than default it pushes the next line off of the display. The default temp for the bed is normally under 100. So when you use 100 or more you get one extra character that the firmware does not support. So it gets pushed to the next line and that causes the % complete line to no longer hsve a line to be displayed on.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.