Topic: silicon rubber heater bed - use the thermistor instead

hello..

is someone try to use the thermistor from the silicon heater instead of the original one ?

on the shop page, they said that the Integrated Thermistor Beta Value is 3950K

i think that we need to change that somewhere in the firmware ?
i read on the net that there is also a "thermistor table" to change ?

Re: silicon rubber heater bed - use the thermistor instead

I wired in the thermistor built into the bed.  Heated it up and checked it against a thermometer.  Pretty accurate considering heat is controlled via a relay, instead of digitally regulated.  I don't think the originally installed thermistor would give a decent measurement considering the layers between it and the new bed.

ok.. so you unplug the original thermistor from the motherboard and just put the one that come with the new silicon bed heater in place ?

Keep it simple... i like it...

I cut the wires pretty close to the middle, that way if I ever want to go back I can splice them back into the old heating element and old thermistor.

A little bit of solder and some shrink tubing and it was done.

I used the original w/o issue, did you change the any settings in Firmware kyle? (the settings to change are obvious, but I never looked at them as I re-used the orginal) I just used kapton and taped it to the bottom between the heater and silicon sheet...I am going to move it more towards the edge in the future...as it is more important that the edges are at the proper team to promote sticking vs the center which always will stick.  I also want to add a switch so I can just use the mat after the intial warm-up.  It does heat-up much faster now 7 min with 2 sheets of glass.