Topic: Damn you e3d!!!

ok so how the hell are we getting this on a solidoodle?

http://3dprintingindustry.com/2014/10/2 … 2BFacebook

Overkill is underrated!!!

Re: Damn you e3d!!!

The mount will be very similar to the standard groovemount, except you'll need two of them.

The bigger issue is you'll need another stepper, and electronics that support two extruders. Like the RAMBO board.

I'll carry it as soon as it goes public, and will have ideas on how to implement it. I've seen the prototype, its quite intelligent.

OK. So is this just a half a Kraken then?

Chuck Bittner is a quadriplegic gamer who is petitioning the major console developers to include internal button remapping in all console games. You can help.
Sign Chuck Bittners petition

Hazer wrote:

OK. So is this just a half a Kraken then?

Nope.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Cyclops is a single nozzle for dual extrusion; whereas the Kraken has 4 nozzles and requires 4 extruders, as is the standard of multi-extrusion.

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

6 (edited by n2ri 2014-11-07 21:51:01)

saw video of it printing. its like a 'Y' shape extruder but I dont like the dabs of other material being mixed in plus the tower of wasted purged material. I dont want to end up with holes in my print when I wash away support material either. Im waiting til about Feb and see which of the other compact duel extruders rise of those links I posted in the 'duel extruder question' topic

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs