Topic: How to avoid "stringys" or "spiderwebs"

Hey guys,

I started printing with the Craftware Slicer. It's great! It's a much better slicer with so much control and the prints are soooo much better. I just load the g-code and then copy and paste it into SAMPLE01 on the SD card.

The ONLY negative thing that I am finding from switching from XYZware to Craftware is that I am getting those dreaded "stringys"
Where when the printhead is moving from one spot to another, a very small amount of plastic seems to still be coming out of the nozzle, making a thin string as it travels.

I am wondering what ways people have come up with for dealing with this.
I know some slicers have a built in feature where every time the print head migrates from one location to another, the bed will lower a few inches, the print head will move, then the bed will come back up. However I am not seeing this feature anywhere on Craftware.

I turned down the heat, and it helped a little, but didn't seem to solve the problem. Maybe reduce the extrusion %?

Any advice anyone?

Re: How to avoid "stringys" or "spiderwebs"

Never mind, I'm an idiot haha.
There is a section in the options called "far travel" that does exactly what I mean about the bed lowering between travels

plasmaninjaa wrote:

Never mind, I'm an idiot haha.
There is a section in the options called "far travel" that does exactly what I mean about the bed lowering between travels

Would you mind sharing what settings you use as far as home position for Craftware. I am having a hard time getting it to start in the middle instead it starts on a corner and drags all over the plate hold down. Or just share your first 20 or so lines of one of your working codes.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

I would also be very interested and grateful to know your settings.... I have been trying to get the gearbox to print out which is a complete pain and I've also got a complex part I want to print so I am looking for alternatives to xyzware

Regards

Grant