1 (edited by AZERATE 2014-10-02 02:25:19)

Topic: Spool winder print showoff

I recently made this to wind loose filament with an empty spool I have lying around.
http://i.imgur.com/PYGfR0d.png

I used it on about 1lb +/- of filament with shown craptastic Black&Decker drill and it work great!
Instructions on the Thing link are as simple as it gets...8mm rod, 3 8mm nuts, and printed parts. I have tested this on Solidoodle spools (shown) and Makerbot spools. This will not work, however, on Taulman, Octave, or paper-ended spools as used by SainSmart or SD from time to time.

Beats handwinding by a mile big_smile

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

Re: Spool winder print showoff

I've been doing this for around 150kg now. smile

Yeah...I know this thread isn't original, but I had success with it and felt the need to share.
Really helps with Filastruder filament wink

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

niiiice smile

3D print freak big_smile
Print 3D Bucuresti

Nice one, thanks.
But I thought winders exists to allow to wind the filament on the spool evenly and stuff.

jaques wrote:

Nice one, thanks.
But I thought winders exists to allow to wind the filament on the spool evenly and stuff.

that would require a huge open face fishing reel type design. lots of machine work for that.

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs