Topic: old sang board

I am trying to use my old sang board , but it looks like the extruder stepper driver went bad. It's a Pololu md09b. Is there a equivalent  driver that I can use?I have looked but I haven't found the exact replacement.

SD3, E3D hotend,linear bearing on x/y axis',pillow block bearing on y conneting rod, ball bearngs on front y axis, fan on y stepper motor.

2 (edited by satman49 2014-09-28 05:44:07)

Re: old sang board

Will  these work?  SureStepr SD8825 Stepper Driver v1.1   (requiring configuration in the firmware). Anybody know what to change in the firmware?

SD3, E3D hotend,linear bearing on x/y axis',pillow block bearing on y conneting rod, ball bearngs on front y axis, fan on y stepper motor.

No firmware change just EEPROM (double the steps).  All the pins are labeled so just make sure it's plugged in with the correct orientation.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

Also I noticed,  it says motor connectons are different compared to the Pololu.What if any,will I have to change to use current stepper motors?

Post's attachments

POLOLUDVR.jpg
POLOLUDVR.jpg 133.65 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

STEPPERDVR.jpg
STEPPERDVR.jpg 79.35 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Should be fine but if the motors spin in reverse just flip the plug.

3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL

thanks

I installed the SureStepr SD8825 Steppers. Do I double the steps for x y and x also in the EEPROM? Right now I can only move X ,Y and  Z about half the travel limits.

satman49 wrote:

I installed the SureStepr SD8825 Steppers. Do I double the steps for x y and x also in the EEPROM? Right now I can only move X ,Y and  Z about half the travel limits.

Yup, exactly.

To confirm, use a ruler to estimate how far the nozzle moves when you use the manual controls in RH - if you request 10mm, and the nozzle actually moves about 5mm, then it is likely the 8825's are doing 32x microstepping instead of 16x, and you need to either adjust the jumpers or double the step rate as you propose.

SD3. Mk2b + glass, heated enclosure, GT2 belts, direct drive y shaft, linear bearings, bowden-feed E3D v5 w/ 0.9° stepper
Smoothieboard via Octoprint on RPi

As a plus doubling the steps in EEPROM will allow you to accomplish what you bought the 8825's for in the first place wink grob is correct but I couldn't resist the opportunity to give him a hard time smile

Hehe true that. ALL THE PRECISION! (Go for it, ward. smile)

SD3. Mk2b + glass, heated enclosure, GT2 belts, direct drive y shaft, linear bearings, bowden-feed E3D v5 w/ 0.9° stepper
Smoothieboard via Octoprint on RPi

Some of us don't have .9 steppers wink
But I suppose the 5.3:1 gear ratio plus the 8825's will get close.
Seriously though I still run X,Y&Z at 1/16th.  I think I'm going to change that tomorrow smile
Gotta love the options of the Rumba.