1 (edited by 5AXISMAKER 2014-09-20 21:00:43)

Topic: 5 axis desktop machine Kickstarter project

Hi everyone,

We have been working on a 5 axis desktop machine with a large working volume and capability to use different tool heads: from milling spindle to 3d printing head to touch probe.

We are launching a Kickstarter campaign on September 22nd to fund the last stage of development.
If you are interested in this project please take a look at our video youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ovc9bfeXS1A  and website 5axismaker.com.

This machine uses Mach3 controller and we are developing a CAM script in Grasshopper that works on Rhino. The script is free and open source you can download current version (Its a very early versions and we will continue developing it and adding features as the project progresses) from 5axismaker.com/software// ( you need both Rhino3d and Grasshopper to run it ).

We would appreciate any comments or questions from the community.

2 (edited by Ggalisky 2014-09-20 23:58:46)

Re: 5 axis desktop machine Kickstarter project

The way the drilling head part moves seems to bend the wires back and forth a lot. This could cause the wires to split after many hours of use.

Other than that it looks awesome!

Here is the link to their youtbe video, if anyone wants to check it out. youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedd … vc9bfeXS1A

Ulitmaker 2, a few repraps, Custom Big FFF 3D printer with heated chamber.

My Blog http://ggalisky.weebly.com/
My Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXShYo … aDUpebDAOw

Ggalisky, thank you for posting a link to the video somehow the forum would not allow me to post direct links.
The funding we are seeking is to finish development of various tool heads including the milling head in the video. We will solve this issue before the machine is put in to production.

will that alum frame etc handle doing metals etc? seems a bit weak. also what price range will it be?

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs