1 (edited by scobo 2014-09-13 07:14:35)

Topic: Just discovered some highly effective glue for the print bed !

I've been having a lot of trouble lately trying to print the Diagrid bracelet on Thingiverse.
No matter what I tried, I couldn't get the bottom layers to stick to the bed. The bottom layers of the bracelet consist of very small parts and they were lifting away from the bed every time causing the print to fail.
I eventually ran out of the glue stick that comes with the Da Vinci and was hunting around the house for an alternative. I found another brand of glue stick which was even worse but then I came across some Cosmic Shimmer acrylic craft glue my wife uses.
So I thought, what the heck it can't be any worse than the glue sticks and gave it a shot.
I was amazed when the first layers stuck down perfectly and the rest of bracelet also printed perfect first time !
I also discovered you can remove your prints as soon as they finish printing and they come away from the bed with very little effort. In fact, the glue works so well, it's best to remove your prints right away or it gets harder to remove them once the bed cools down.
My prints are now lovely and clean too, no mess on the bottom to clean off as with the glue sticks.
You only need to use a very thin layer of the glue or your prints will stick too well. The first test I did with it, I used way too much and had a hard time removing the print.
This stuff really is fantastic, it's even easier to clean off the bed than the glue sticks. Just wipes off with a damp cloth with no effort.
Cheap too at £2.99 for 30ml on ebay.
Please note, I am in no way connected to Cosmic Shimmer and other acrylic glues are available. big_smile

Davinci 1.0 with repetier firmware & E3D V6 Lite
Anycubic Photon DLP printer, Einscan-S 3D scanner
Simplify3d, 123D Design, Meshmixer
http://www.thingiverse.com/scobo/designs