Topic: Bahtinov Mask to test calibration and settings

This is a print Ian and I have discussed.  The path of the print with the original print was creating different sized slots on the slanted slots.  The path of the extruder also stops in the middle of the bars, leaving little burs or bumps on the bars.  We discussed changing skeinforge settings for number of perimeter lines, order of perimeter, loop, and fill, and reorienting the .stl.  I wil be trying several setting changes incrementally, but I am also interested in finding out if it is more a settings issue or individual printer calibration/hardware issue.  If anyone else wants to test this with their printer and report results and dimensions it would be great.  I will run the rest of the tests on this .stl at a .5 scale and just print the first few solid layers to see how it is being printed. 

My order for testing the .stl will be to rotate 90* so that the straight bars are running parallel to the y axis with them being located towards the far -y direction.  Then build on that by changing perimeter lines to 1.  Finally, I will try to change the order to loops, perimeter, infill.

Post's attachments

new bahtinov 67 baht factor 5 mm slots 126 diam.STL 533.02 kb, 82 downloads since 2012-08-12 

photo (4).JPG 172.28 kb, 3 downloads since 2012-08-12 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Bahtinov Mask to test calibration and settings

Josh,
This working out for you? We haven't heard back from you in a while.

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.

Re: Bahtinov Mask to test calibration and settings

Never got the different configurations of this print working very well.  For whatever reason it still generates a print with inconsistent hole sizes.  Using slic3r and rotating the print increased the precision for the rougher configurations with 4-5 mm slots but it wasn't even close on the 2 mm slots.  Still a work in progress there I guess...