Topic: Just got my Solidoodle, in Paris France

Hi everyone,
This is my first 3D printer and I'm really excited to get started ! I had no electronics in school, so I took some Arduino classes last year to try and speed up the learning curve, but I'm still very much a n00b. I have found tinkercad to be great at teaching me how to make 3D files, but have never tried to have anything printed yet...

I am a board games inventor (1 game in retail in France and the USA this year, 6 more in France next year) and am hoping to use this to make proof of concept and testing prototypes for our plastic action games.
I hope I will find help here, enough so that one day I can help out too !
Looking forward to sharing in the community !

Steffanie

Re: Just got my Solidoodle, in Paris France

Thats an interesting use! Please do post pics of your projects, I would love to see them.

Thanks Brad !

Hi Steffanie,

I also live in Paris and i need 5 posts smile.

jean

Question : did you have to pay the customs ? I had to : 130€.

Hi Jean
Yes, I paid 129€ customs too
Where are you in Paris ?

Steffanie,

"I have found tinkercad to be great at teaching me how to make 3D files, but have never tried to have anything printed yet..."

Just a quick response to that, as I do some 3D Modelling as well, but I have found it a little harder to make things ready to print.  If you don't have your printer yet, you can still download Repetier and upload your 3D designs, slice them and then see how they will print.