1 (edited by tonycstech 2014-08-26 09:30:42)

Topic: Oh Oh ! Is my motor going bye bye ?

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af64/garbageplace/DSC00043_zps118b187b.jpg~original
Came from work realized that this pin was sticking out about centimeter.
I pushed it back and dont know how long its gonna take to get all the way down again.

Will this pin fall out all the way and damage the motor ?
It only ran for few days (total).
Looks to be very little (if any) lubricated.

sad

Post's attachments

DSC00043.JPG
DSC00043.JPG 245.26 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Oh Oh ! Is my motor going bye bye ?

BUMP maybe ?
I wonder. page was read 40 times and no one has a clue ?

Ill dont want to stop, extruded line is getting long and beautiful. Kinda makes it impossible to flip the switch.

If i only knew that this pin isnt gonna fall out, i wold finish the extrusion and fix it by placing something preventing it to drop (duck tape LOL) but i dont know.

Occasionally that pin comes partway out. It hasn't happened to me, but a few people have reported it.

I would say to push it back in, and then try hitting it with a center punch at the crack between the pin and the housing. You could also push it in, the put some JB-weld on it. There should definitely be grease inside the gearbox, that's how every one I've ever opened up has been.

Edit: I was mis-remembering. Some folks have reported that pin coming out on the Kickstarter gear motors, where it is a through-pin (the casing doesn't go over the pin). The post-KS motors, the casing goes over the pin, so that pin has punched its way through the casing. Haven't heard of that happening before. Could be from overloading the motor.

Cannot be overloading. I have air deflector mounted at the base in front of the nozzle with a V cut out.
If for some reasons motor encounters resistance, it will move entire barrel causing it to shift mainly at the nozzle. Shift will cause exctruding filament to hit the deflector and leave a very nasty mark on the filament.
I already winded all the filament since this run and it was perfectly smooth.

It still runs and am not home. Hopefully when i get back that pin wont find its way out completely sad
Is this something you can return to the manufacturer for repair ?

Moved from other topic:

Guide pin on the picture was not lubricated inside. This caused the gear to turn the guide pin resulting the hole in the casing.
Pin almost exited at some point potentially destroying the gearbox or jamming the motor, but because it was seized it didn't come all the way out.
Fix is on the picture smile
http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af64/garbageplace/DSC00207_zps07e42fab.jpg~original
It was only a mater of time before it was gonna drill its way out.
I suggest everyone take their motor apart and make sure pin stays still while gear turns.