Topic: Running an AMA over on Reddit for Kickstarter/Filastruder...

http://www.reddit.com/r/3Dprinting/comm … d_212k_on/

Chime in if you like!

Re: Running an AMA over on Reddit for Kickstarter/Filastruder...

I saw your AMA and noticed that you wanted to keep it about the Kickstarter/Filastruder, but I just wanted to thank you for everything that you've done for this community. Thank you for not only developing and releasing an incredible product aimed at  helping everyone here, but for the continued support that you provide. You're a huge reason that I'm still on these forums and trudging along with my doodle. Thank you again for your support of us noobs. It's greatly appreciated.

Thanks, that means a lot!

Reddit is blocked at work or I would have been there.  +1 on support level you have for your product and solidoodle.  Very admirable.

I read through it last night and found it to be spot on accurate as to the failures that we see so often on KS.
You did a very nice job of being clear and concise as to what it takes to be successful.  Hopefully others will take the time to read that before launching a campaign destined to fail.   

I also would like to take a moment to thank you for everything you do for this community.  I would not be anywhere near where I am in the world of 3D printing if not for you pushing me to learn and figure some things out on my own.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

wardjr wrote:

I also would like to take a moment to thank you for everything you do for this community.  I would not be anywhere near where I am in the world of 3D printing if not for you pushing me to learn and figure some things out on my own.

+1...Thank you, Tim!

I also read through your reddit post and I'm sure your writeup will help many others with KS plans...I always felt that KS ideally should be used as a tool for the funding of raw materials, component purchasing, and validation of customer demand (pre-orders)...and not about developing the product itself...granted, some ideas truly need funding dollars to get to a preferred design; but preferably and to your point, a KS design should be nailed prior to kick-off!

I wish you continued success!

SD2 - Stock - Enclosure - Heated Bed - Glass Plate - Auto Fire Extinguisher
Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate
Thanks for All of Your Help!

+1

SD2 - Glass Bed, Fans on PCB and Y motor, Custom enclosure
Slicer - Simplify3D