Topic: what temps do HIPS and PVA work in and who sells them at best cost?

like for duel extruder printers for support material in 1 head

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

Re: what temps do HIPS and PVA work in and who sells them at best cost?

I sell them quite cheap.

HIPS:230-270°C

PVA: 190-210°C

www.3dfilamenta.com - Affordable filament

so most solidoodle printers cant use HIPS at that high of temps then

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

4 (edited by adrian 2014-08-10 03:19:14)

n2ri wrote:

so most solidoodle printers cant use HIPS at that high of temps then

Yes they can - its rather that you need to adjust them back to the older solidoodle temp ranges which is due to their poor placement of the thermistor.

A quoted temp of 230-270 equates to a SD temp of 200-240 ... the upper limits are just beyond what SD quote as 'max temp' but the lower end is well within spec.

And I've printed HIPS no problems at 205 on a stock SD nozzle... so I guess it depends where you are getting your HIPS...  Although I haven't bothered with a stock SD nozzle in probably nearly 18 months...

PVA I can't offer any insight on as HIPS works far better with ABS in terms of adhesion so haven't ever bother with PVA... (And PVA on a 'stock' SD would be 160-190 print temps...)

As for who/where/price - I got mine through 3DPrinterGear here in Oz , so probably of little benefit to you in any value proposition discussion...

cool thanks for the info and reminder of the SD temp thing yeah I print ABS on my SD2 at 195c and PLA at 180c so they are reading at wrong spot. and bed temp is 80c ABS 60c PLA at start. Ill ask at my local store about those materials.

Mitch