Topic: Who is the Average 3D Printer User?

I made an infographic about the average 3D Printer User.
Check it out: 3dprintertips.blogspot.com

Post's attachments

3d printing infographic.png
3d printing infographic.png 305.41 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Makergear M2, Solidoodle 2, Check out my 3D printing blog   http://3dprintertips.blogspot.com/

Re: Who is the Average 3D Printer User?

Very interesting...thanks for sharing smile

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

Just for fun, I am in:

In the 12% that are female (sex)
In the 45% that are in North America (location)
In the 72% that have a Bachelors degree (education)
In the 12% that are 36-40 in (age)

So I am in common company by being an educated North American. But not so common by being a 38 year old female. Intresting.

Tammy
Solidoodle 2
E3Dv6 Hotend, MK5 v6 version, Glass Bed, Anti Z backlash slop nut, SureStepr SD8825 1/32 Extruder Driver, makeshift breakaway plexiglass case; . L-Cheapo 3.8 Watt Laser Attachment w/Custom built enclosure
From Buffalo, NY, USA

Australian 3% represent! tongue

Note if you work out based on your numbers: the US 315mil pop / 45% * 3% = 21mil; which is about the population of Australia (23mil) - so for a place where there are so many shipping and distribution barriers (we refer to the associated costs as the "Australia tax") our per-capita takeup is nearly as good as the USA - I would say this indicated we were a pretty keen bunch...

I however fail the minority test on every other front haha!

SD3. Mk2b + glass, heated enclosure, GT2 belts, direct drive y shaft, linear bearings, bowden-feed E3D v5 w/ 0.9° stepper
Smoothieboard via Octoprint on RPi

Just need that bachelors.

Solidoodle 2 Pro - 3mm Glass Bed

Hmm!
22, female, Australian and just starting a sci diploma... Yay for minorities!

@Grob, indeed we are! Despite the atmosphere of technological retardation the mainstream of our society seems to be experiencing tongue

This is a crowd funding thing that I'm running: http://www.gofundme.com/bvi140 It's for pretty selfish reasons tongue

Hey another female! I feel less alone here hehe.

Tammy
Solidoodle 2
E3Dv6 Hotend, MK5 v6 version, Glass Bed, Anti Z backlash slop nut, SureStepr SD8825 1/32 Extruder Driver, makeshift breakaway plexiglass case; . L-Cheapo 3.8 Watt Laser Attachment w/Custom built enclosure
From Buffalo, NY, USA

Serin wrote:

Hmm!
22, female, Australian and just starting a sci diploma... Yay for minorities!

@Grob, indeed we are! Despite the atmosphere of technological retardation the mainstream of our society seems to be experiencing tongue

"Technologic Retardation"  I bet the US has you beat in that category wink

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

Hmmm...

Male - 88%
Over 50 - 8%

888...better than 666! Although I will be referring to my new Hadron as "the Beast"

SD2 - Stock - Enclosure - Heated Bed - Glass Plate - Auto Fire Extinguisher
Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate
Thanks for All of Your Help!

Thanks for sharing infographic, very nice.

11 (edited by n2ri 2014-08-13 05:15:47)

so where did these stats come from? looks like 3D hubs info which is only based on members of their hub of people (about 6k ATM same as number of members here) selling 3d printing services so THAT in itself is only a percentage of 'the average 3d printer user' along with users that dont have their own printer and those with no cad skills to make STL files and just buy from like shapeways or other file sharing sites downloads and acquaintances with printer to print those files etc.

Mitch

BTW Im in the over 50

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

Male, North American, BS, MS, (way) over 50.
Not sure what that makes me; but having fun.

Solidoodle 1 thru 4

13 (edited by tomasla 2014-08-13 06:44:26)

LOL ...male , 2% "other"
3% no HSD...i must be special, or just lucky.....

HMM interesting
North American male two associate degrees  and over 50.

Tin

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

88%
45%
72%
14%

Two SD3s - One with Sang, One with Printrboard, Fans on control boards!!! Do this!!!, Dual Glass Beds, Blacklight "EZ Bake Oven" - Improves Ambient Temp, Sketchup, Repetier, Slic3r. Graphic Designer & Makeshift Engineer. Drinks Lots and Lots and Lots of Rum.