Topic: A clarification

Hi guys, I haven't ordered my da vinci yet, but am planning to.

I would just like to clarify something regarding filament.

If I create or buy a filament resetter(not ready to make the full jump to repetier yet), does this mean I could just keep resetting the same cartridge, but feed filament in spools outside of the printer(not in the cartridge) into the printer? Or does the filament still have to be in the cartridge for some reason? This seems possible to me, but haven't really seen people talking about this on the forums, so would just like to clarify.

Thanks!

PS: Any tips on things I should do once I get the printer? Things I should be aware of, etc?

Re: A clarification

Nah, you can use a spool holder and feed filament from outside. As long as the empty cartridge that you reset is in the slot (so the printer thinks it is using the cartridge)

My tip is to read more in to repetier. This was my 2nd 3d printer since may, and to be honest, I don't think the simplicity is all it's cracked up to be. I can fine tune settings in the middle of the print if I need to adjust things. It took me a little to get used to it, but print quality has gotten much better. Plus it is a better way to learn the necessary areas of the world of 3d printing

heidkampn1 wrote:

Nah, you can use a spool holder and feed filament from outside. As long as the empty cartridge that you reset is in the slot (so the printer thinks it is using the cartridge)

My tip is to read more in to repetier. This was my 2nd 3d printer since may, and to be honest, I don't think the simplicity is all it's cracked up to be. I can fine tune settings in the middle of the print if I need to adjust things. It took me a little to get used to it, but print quality has gotten much better. Plus it is a better way to learn the necessary areas of the world of 3d printing

Yup, I do plan on switching to repetier in the future, but seeing as this is my first 3d printer I'll probably wait a few months first. Thanks for the response!

I was worried too.. It's not easy to gamble on $500 bucks. It took me a while to actually converge it from xyz to repetier, but I don't think I'll ever go back. If you decide to go they with it, feel free to message me if you need help