Topic: Will not extrude @ .10/.20 but works fine at .40 layer height

when i try to print any objects at .10 or .20 layer height it will not lay any filament down on the bed, or it will laid down 1/4 of the test strip fine, but the last 3/4 of the test strip has nothing.

.30 layer height works sometimes

.40 layer height prints out fine.

this is using stock xyz blue abs filament.

early this week i was trying out some 3rd party filaments if that helps any

any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Will not extrude @ .10/.20 but works fine at .40 layer height

Are you running repetier? If so, set your z home position to a negative value( like -0.5 or -1) ... If you're still on xyzware, tighten the bolts just a little. your bed is probably set too high. Does the extruder click when trying to lay down the filament?

3 (edited by TheNeck 2014-07-19 16:46:48)

heidkampn1 wrote:

Are you running repetier? If so, set your z home position to a negative value( like -0.5 or -1) ... If you're still on xyzware, tighten the bolts just a little. your bed is probably set too high. Does the extruder click when trying to lay down the filament?

im still on xyzware

i will try tighten the bolts just a little bit

i don't notice any clicking when it is trying to laydown the filament

thanks

Update
thanks heidkampn1 the bed needed to be calibrated just a little bit, i wouldn't have thought only because just the night before i ran a print over night and it was working perfectly.

I often had problem with that test strip.
What worked for me was to UP the temperature of the nozzle and bed.

My extruder clicks when I try to print at a fine layer height.. When the bed is too close to the nozzle, the filament will not extrude from the hot end. It's almost like trying to squeeze water from a water bottle when the cap is screwed on too tight.. A small adjustment to the bed height should solve this issue