Topic: Quick calibration question

I have printed this 20 mm calibration cube. Everything is good, all the walls are exactly 20 mm when cooled, but the only issue I see is that the top layer infill seems to be slightly uneven. The dark spot toward the top of the cube is slightly higher than the lighter side. This is on the y axis, so I'm tempted to try to adjust the front screw for the bed leveling. I'm just worried cuz I just leveled it and it seemed good. Anyone experience this or have any suggestions before I mess with my bed level?

Re: Quick calibration question

I added an attachment but I don't see it on my phone, I'll post a pic when I can if it's not there, suggestions are still welcome if you can visualize what I'm talking about

If you passed the bed leveling test from the stock firmware, anything less than a dial indicator gauge mounted close to the print head and moved all over the bed probably won't come any closer than the method XYZ uses.

You could also measure with a sheet of paper as a feeler gauge directly from the print head to the glass, but unless your screws weren't tight or something when using the firmware electrical method I can't see how it can be that far off. Might be worth trying once with the paper to find out if the "automatic" method does level properly on your printer.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm on repetier, and to my knowledge, there is no auto leveling. I have been using the paper method and from what I can tell, I've done it correctly. Would tightening the screws all the way and setting my z offset be a better way to start?

Did you do your bed leveling with the head and bed hot? Things can move a little sometimes so it is best to do leveling with things warmed up to the temp that you plan to use when printing. Also if the head is not hot a bit of cold plastic can be stuck to the tip and through off your leveling.

Beyond all that I like to fine tune level by watching the print start and adjust the level screws a little until I get a nice first layer. After that the printer will make the same print over and over with nice results.