Topic: Bed glass.

My bed glass seems to have gluey fingerprints under the glass.

The bed seem to work fine as I am on my 4th print so far and all is well.

However, is the glass bonded to the heater?

Also could I undo the 4 glass holder things take the glass off and clean it without affecting the bed calibration?

See the attached picture.

Post's attachments

20140710_151122.jpg
20140710_151122.jpg 3.11 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Bed glass.

When I got mine, I thought it was a defect as well. I'm not quite sure what it is , but if it doesn't affect the quality of the prints, I wouldn't touch it. The heating element is attatched to the glass, which is why I suggested to you to let it cool before taking off the print in the other post. If the glass cracks, I don't think it's as simple as getting a 200x200 mm piece of glass and replacing it. The da vinci uses the metal corners as feeler gauges, so if you take it off, just make sure that the screws are right when putting them back on. It's not like it will affect the thickness of the metal.

Thanks if yours was also the same I will leave well alone especially as its not affecting prints.

And thanks for your comment on leaving the prints when done. I have left them for several hours and they come off pretty easy.

I just did a tree frog and that needed the scraper under it a little but its pretty easy if you take your time.

Thanks
Ian

I haven't had an ussue getting them off when hot until I started using ABS juice instead of glue. But to be safe I try to use the scraper.. If that doesn't work, a clean razorblade works even better

My glass bed looks the same on one of my printers. I took the bed off and found that the stick on heater has some air bubbles in it. They didn't do a good job sticking it on. That is why it looks like that. I got some of it out by pressing it with my fingers to make it stick in the bad spots. Good news is it doesn't seem to cause any problems on my printer.

A second da vinci printers bed looks perfect.