Topic: 3D Printing in Tampa....

Hello All,

Got my SD4 last Thursday and was printing by Saturday.  Fortunately I'm a mechanical engineer and well versed in motion control of machinery.

I hope someone in the employ of Solidoodle reads the following and conveys the information to someone who can make a difference.

1. Fan on extruder wasn't working.  After close inspection, the wire was pulled so tight as to have pulled the common wire from fan's circuit board.  I had a spare fan that fit and replaced it.

2. Z-axis limit switch adjustment knob is useless.  I had to completely remove it to get access to the head of the screw because the x-axis guide rod is in the way.  Why did I need to do this in the first place?....

3. Had I not checked the z-axis, the extruder head would have crashed the build platform by at least 1/4". 

4. Panel screws over-tightened.  I had to employ the use of vise grips to turn the four screws to remove the side panels.  I'm replacing this screws

I knew this wasn't going to be a simple matter.  I just thought the folks at Solidoodle might want to put together a quality assurance plan which would be mean QC inspectors that only report to the CEO. 

Best wishes to all.