Topic: Horrible squeaking noise

Hey guys, so I'm in the middle of one of my biggest prints, and whenever the extruder moves left, there's a squeaky grinding sound. Does something need to be greased? Or do I have to tighten a belt? Level the bed again?! Please help

Re: Horrible squeaking noise

http://voltivo.com/forum/davinci-hwmods … s-56k-warn

if it isn't broken, you haven't modded it enough

Does anyone know off hand if liquid wrench white lithium grease is safe for that white x-axis pulley? I read somewhere else that someone used it for the z-axis shaft. The directions say to spray a test on plastic parts to see if it will or will not eat away at the plastic, but I'm hesitant because it it is such a small part. Any advice?

Also, dumb question: can I spray it from the outside on the shaft? Or do I need to take it apart to spray somewhere specific?

I had the exact same thing, you need to lubricate the white belt wheel on the left of the X-axes. i did this and the squeek is completely gone.

hope this helps!

Yeah sorry I didn't post this, but I used liquid wrench white lithium grease and it seemed to have no negative affects on the plastic parts

heidkampn1 did you disassemble to lubricate or just spray.

I am interested as I should also lubricate my assembly.

Ian

White lithium grease is like a foam. To avoid taking it apart, I just sprayed some on a paper plate, folded a post-it in half, and grabbed a fingernail sized amount of grease and slipped the post it in between the black plastic and the white part. Try to avoid getting it on the belt. Make sure you get grease that is plastic safe, definitely no silicone, and do a few tiny test spots on the bare plastic to make sure it doesn't eat away at the parts